The role exists to support the Maintenance Section Head in the provision of an effective world class Maintenance service to the plant.
• Ensure on site health and safety rules are rigorously applied by maintenance team on shift.
• To ensure that production equipment is effectively maintained to support production activity
• Actively drive the proactive maintenance activities on shift
• Conduct reactive repairs to plant equipment
• To maintain preventative maintenance systems
• To reduce machine breakdown time
• To coordinate the Shift Maintenance Technicians
• Lead route cause investigations on breakdowns
• Drive production performance improvements
• To ensure that all maintenance records & reporting systems are maintained
• Siemens Step 5 & 7 PLC program interrogation and modifications
• To provide on-site technical knowledge for machinery, processes & health & safety.
• To develop & improve the systems of work within the maintenance function
• To assist the Head of Maintenance in continuous improvement projects and improving equipment, material and process efficiency.
• The co-ordination and direction of the integrated Maintenance system ensuring an effective TPM maintenance regime.
• To work within FES guidelines and targets including GAP structure.
The role is responsible for coordinating the Shift Maintenance Technicians on a shift basis and being the contact point for Production Supervisors.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Qualified to HNC level in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Minimum of 2 years post qualified experience gained within a high volume manufacturing environment.
Applicants MUST have using Siemens Step 5 & 7 PLC Programme interrogation and modifications
Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills with strong man-management, drive, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
Experience of training and developing maintenance and production personnel.
Starting Salary £24,000 - £27,000 + 18% shift allo
Hours of Work:
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please login or register to apply online, or contact our Hartlepool branch
using the details shown below: