Our client based in County Durham are looking for an Internal Verifier/Moderator/Assessor on a temp to perm basis for the following areas:Customer Service/Business Administration/Team Leading/Management
Carry out induction, support and assessment of learners ensuring timely completion of the individual learning plan that meets the quality requirements of the awarding body and complies with funding requirements. Carry out the Internal Verification role ensuring that assessment and verification meets the awarding body requirements, organisations sampling strategy and quality processes.
• Carry out learner inductions; this includes comprehensive completion of skills scans, individual learning plans, Initial Assessments to establish the correct level and programme of study.
• Timely completion and processing of funding documentation
• Timely completion of assessment and documentation to meet Awarding Body and organisational requirements.
• Manage a caseload of learners as agreed with the Director of Quality and Curriculum and carry out regular learner visits where evidence of progression on the award to be evidenced at a minimum of 28 days.
• Assessment of learners to take place in accordance with A1 and NVQ Code of Practice.
• Timely completion of Progress review, pre entry, mid point and exit advice and guidance as directed to suit the length of the programme undertaken
• Submit portfolios in a timely manner for interim and summative verification and work with the IV to ensure the quality of the award is maintained.
• Liaise with employers and actively source leads.
• Meet as minimum achievement, retention and timely success rates as laid down by the performance manager.
• Undertake appropriate learning and development activities as required for the job role and maintain a record of all CPD.
• Accurate maintenance of learner records ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information is maintained.
• Submit when requested, records for audit purposes.
• Attend monthly performance meetings with the Curriculum Performance and Delivery Manager where you will be required to report on learner progress and identify any at risk learners/sites.
• Communicate with the Curriculum Performance and Delivery Manager on any leads, learner or employer issues or where support is required.
• Attend bi monthly assessor meetings and standardisations meetings for the occupational area delivering.
• Promote and ensure safe working practices in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
• Timely completion of monthly reporting targets and the submission of records.
• Maintain verification records for area of responsibility ensuring current records are held
• Update and maintain Sampling Plans in line with the Verification Strategy
• Report on a monthly basis to CPDM and QM verification activity
• Attend IV meetings with the Quality & Development Manager
• Provide quality support for assessors
• Carry out internal verification as per the sampling strategy, update and maintain records.
• Monitor standardisation of assessments by sampling and carry out standardisation meetings.
• Disseminate to the assessors information on required standards to maintain the quality of the assessment practice.
• Contribute to the planning and development of awards.
• Identify development opportunities for assessors and if applicable deliver the required training or report to the Curriculum Performance & Delivery Manager individual requirements.
Post holder must hold D32/33/34, and/or A1/V1/TAQA and be an experienced assessor and Internal Verifier.
Teaching qualification is desirable
Occupational experience and qualifications in the occupational area as outlined in the assessment strategy
IT ability to include email, word and excel
If you wish to apply for this vacancy please login or register to apply online, or contact our Bishop Auckland branch
using the details shown below: